Port Talbot Tigers Away

Croeserw Athletic slumped to a humiliating 5-0 defeat to Port Talbot Tigers FC on Saturday Afternoon which saw them just 2 points off bottom of the table.

First Half Report

Croeserw Athletic Travelled to Western Avenue this afternoon to face fellow Premier League new boys, Port Talbot Tigers, in what was set up to be a very highly contested match between two similar sides.

Croeserw Athletic lined up with Geraint Ferguson in goals, and Managed Jamie Williams went with a back 4, with Liam Reynolds & Michael Coates at Left & Right Back. This saw the return to Kyle Bowen & Nicky Johnson in the middle of Defence.

Midfield saw the return to the partnership of Dewi Hopkins & Nicky Llewellyn, while Michael Williams & Lee Rees were on the wings. Leon Thomas saw his first First Team start of the season up front, partnering Nigel Williams.

Croeserw Athletic started poor with much of the ball being given away to Port Talbot Tigers in all areas of the field. Croeserw tried to get the game going in their favour but could not string two passes together; this was going to be a long afternoon for them.

Port Talbot Tigers were making the field very small for Athletic, pressuring them non-stop for the first 15 minutes until they finally found a way through. Tigers managed to get the first goal of the afternoon in the 17th minute of the game.

A low drive by the Tigers right midfielder which almost found the bottom corner saw Geraint Ferguson only able to parry the ball which landed at the feet of the Tigers striker who had an easy tap in.

Tigers again kept pressuring Athletic who looked as if they had left their heads in the changing rooms. Athletic soon found themselves 2-0 behind with only 30 minutes gone in the first half. A nice bit of skill from the left midfielder saw him take on Michael Coates and slot the ball coolly into the net from 12 yards.

Athletic thought they had a Penalty just before half time, as Michael Williams found himself hauled down in the box after found his way through on goal. Referee Phil Lang waved away protests from the Athletic bench and players which could have seen a change in the game.

Second Half Report

The second half kicked off with Croeserw Athletic making a change. Michael Coates made way for the return of Ashley Bamford. Athletic changed to a 3-5-2 formation with Ashley Bamford sitting in behind the midfield.

Port Talbot Tigers soon made it 3-0 early in the second half and put the game to bed. A right angled finish from the Tigers striker went past Geraint Ferguson and hit the back of the net. Croeserw Athletic now looked demoralised and argued amongst themselves for the rest of the half. 

Croeserw Athletic tried their hardest to find their rhythm but failed to do so with the Tigers pushing to get another goal which almost certainly see Athletic enter a fight at the bottom of the table.

Early in the 70th minute saw that goal come for the Tigers, with the tigers midfielder score a wonderful volley into the top corner of the net. Tigers were coasting to their first ever victory over Croeserw Athletic & their first ever Victory in the Premier League, much to the disappointment of the Croeserw Athletic players and fans.

Tigers scored their finally & deserved goal of the day in the 79th minute, with the Port Talbot Tigers striker taking a solo effort, and skipping past 3 of the Athletic players and lobbing the ball into the back of the net giving Ferguson no chance.

Final Score: Port Talbot Tigers 5-0 Croeserw Athletic

Man Of The Match: Dewi Hopkins
About Our Sponsors:

=> Do you also want a homepage for free? Then click here! <=